Take action now:
In the meantime, here are a few ways you can get started today.
1. Changing your light bulbs really does make a difference! LED bulbs are cheap enough today that the payback is often just 1-2 years, and sometimes less. This is the lowest of the low-hanging fruit and switching to 100% LED bulbs should be where everyone starts.
2. Carpool, walk, bike, or combine trips. Transportation forms a large part our carbon footprint, and most of us could do a lot to reduce this. Commit to take one less driving trip per week by walking, carpooling, or combining trips.
3. Research whether your local utility offers a green power option. Many offer 100% renewable energy options for very affordable prices!
4. Eat less meat. Meat, especially beef, has an enormous carbon footprint. Eating meat just one less day a week can have a huge impact.
5. Explore the Paris Agreement.